Saturday, December 10, 2011

We now return to our regularly scheduled program...

Wow, that was quite a break since my last post! A dead computer, work stress, and a quick diversion into rereading the Lord of the Rings put Ancients on the back burner for a bit. I've returned to painting now and hoping to get in some games over the winter holidays.

 To get back into the swing, I was catching up on some Meeples and Miniatures podcasts. Episode 77 was a review of two rules sets, Hail Caesar and Clash of Empires. Neil, the host loses some energy during his lengthy review, and I've always felt his enunciation seemed a little fuzzy, but he does give a pretty good overview of the rules. I've always found it difficult to explain new games to the folks I play with, so I thought the podcast might be a good alternative without requiring them to pick up the book themselves. The Hail Caesar overview starts at about 15:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment