Sunday, February 2, 2014

Reaper Bones Kobolds


I polished off a dozen kobolds from the first Reaper Bones kickstarter. Their small size made their details feel even shallower than some of the other Bones figures I've painted up, but the wash helped pull out their features. I still felt like I was guessing when picking out things like their teeth, but they should be serviceable as dungeon chumps for the players to cut down.



I glued them to washers and extended the dungeon floring they were standing on with some milliput sculpted to look like flagstones. I suppose they turned out ok, but I looking forward to getting back to some metal or plastic historicals next.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm not much a sculptor, but I found using actual sculpting tools rather than a craft knife or pin helped quite a bit :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice mate. Great skin tones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look really good - I have a pack or two of them so I know how great a job you did on these!

    I too am finally back hobby painting after my 2013 went crazy for me after retiring form Army and finding a new career!
    Take care,
    Ed
    http://optio82.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Hopefully 2014 is a little more manageable for both of us :) Checked out your blog, love the step by step on the centurion. Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you John and I agree. I also listed you under my ED'S PAINTING AND MODELING INSPIRATION: links - because you are!

    ReplyDelete